Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Since I've last written, a lot has happened. Daniel got word of his deployment, and though I can't post all the details publicly, he will be headed to TX for some training in June, then over to Iraq sometime shortly after that. Parker and I plan on visiting the states a few times while Daniel's gone, and I'm really thankful that Parker will get to know his relatives better.

We celebrated our 2-year anniversary on February 16. We had a nice grown-up dinner and a even few grown-up conversations! I don't know HOW I got to marry the best man on earth, but I couldn't ask for anyone better... Well, maybe if he sang to me more often... But then he'd be too perfect and I'd probably despise him. :)

Mister Parker can officially roll over to his tummy, and often gets "stuck" and needs some help rolling back over. He is 18 pounds, and growing by the minute. I'm not kidding: Every time he wakes up from a nap, he is bigger. I can't keep up with him! We still are using cloth diapers, and its really easy, affordable (more fun money and less trash), and surprisingly it's not gross. I'm so glad we made that decision to buy from www.mapleleafbaby.com , our friend Chelsea owns that business and helped us out a lot. So if you're about to have a kid, look into it! No potty-dunking, no leaks, and my favorite part: no BLOWOUTS because the covers have elastic waists and keep everything in.

He had his first taste of big boy food, and we gave him pureed PEAS. The first bite was received with a funny face, but each bite afterwards was welcomed with a wide-open mouth. CHOMP! He was ready! I spiked them with L-glutamine to boost his brain. That night we celebrated by putting him in a lime-green diaper, and a sleeper with little green froggies on the feet! I figured if his food is green, we should deck him out in green. A little overboard? maybe.. Fun? Absolutely!

For some reason, my option to put photos up is gone.. So I will get them up as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment