Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Daniel's Birthday


Parker and I woke DaDa up with lots of kisses, then we had breakfast with cards waiting at the table.  I made blueberry muffins as the Birthday cake.  As soon as they were cooked, in all my excitement I put 2 candles on the top row and 4 on the middle row, to symbolize 24; lit those suckers and began to sing... and I learned a valuable lesson:



--> If you bake muffins or cupcakes, Wait until they are cool to use candles... Otherwise the candles melt inside the muffin and make your muffins have a blue waxy center, and then they fall over and catch the baking paper on fire, and then you don't have time to sing the Happy Birthday song because you have to yell "blow those candles out RIGHT NOW!!"

 They were delicious and we just ate around the waxy center, like eating an apple and throwing out the core... Actually, I think Daniel didn't even bother and he ate the wax...

Don't worry, he's still alive so it must not be too bad for you, maybe it will even smooth out his age lines as they start appearing... He is almost a quarter-century old, ya know!  Then he will be old enough to rent his own U-haul if he wants to!!

  So, after the incident,
he FINALLY got to open
his presents...
Parker made him a sweet
little picture with his handprint, 
(which probably
should have been a
FOOTPRINT, because that
boy recently discovered his
feet and stares at them
often)

 and I got him an AIRSOFT GUN.  I made Daniel wait until after breakfast, because I figured he would be too engrossed with his new toy that I wouldn't even be able to get him to the table for food.  Smart thinking.   Interestingly, one of the first things he did was take the whole gun apart....Boys and their toys.



We spent most of the day just chillaxing at the house, snacking, playing with Parker, and enjoying his day off.  We went to the BX/PX together to get some vacation details, and then we went to a WONDERFUL restaurant in Kusel with Stu and Missy.  I forgot to take the camera, but the food was delicious.  If you're ever around the Kusel area, ask around until you find the Hube Haus (pronounced Hooba House).  It's affordable and absolutlely the best schnitzel in Germany!!!

 We got home and Parker was in such a funny (as in HILARIOUS) mood.  Daniel took 3 videos of him:

(Note: if they are not playing smoothly, hit PAUSE, let it load a while, and then watch it.. It should be better.) 

Pardon my hind-end in this one...


Notice how he is camera shy:


 We have so much fun with our baby boy!  I think Daniel had a wonderful birthday, and I sure am glad for all the years we've spent together.  Here's to another wonderful year.  

"Grow old with me, the best is yet to be"--Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment